Monday, April 14, 2008

Is there an end in sight???


This is the winter that never ends...I mean, don't get me wrong-we are definitely a snow loving family...for skiing, sledding, building snowmen and making snow angels; none of which we can do in the nasty, dirty, crusty, slushy snow that is STILL in our yard. I just took this picture tonight from my front door. no kidding- I took it on April 14th at 7:45pm. Can you see now why I say that I'm done with winter? I want the snow to be gone now!!! I'm getting tired of looking out my window only to see HUGE 5 foot snow banks right outside of my front door. It's depressing.
It has been in the mid 50s to mid 60s several times in the past week or so...and if you drive down off of the mtn that I live on-you see grass, flower buds popping up, big mud puddles even...but not 2 feet of snow like we have in our yard. It's like we live in a giant snow globe and we're the only ones in town that still have snow...and I'm pretty sure we'll have it for quite some time. I guess I should look on the bright side-come June when it's really hot outside, our yard will have built in air conditioning!

1 comment:

James Michael said...

wow, I guess I shouldnt complain about the little bit of snow still left in my backyard in the spots that never get sun!

Miguel